If you have yellowed, decayed, or damaged teeth, you probably avoid smiling and miss out on some amazing benefits. A little cosmetic dentistry from Dr. Ann Kelley at Kingsgate Dental in Kirkland, WA can make a big difference in how you feel about smiling.
Studies show that smiling has these positive effects on life:
- Improves mood by releasing feel-good endorphins – a “runners high” without breaking a sweat.
- Decreases stress and lessens anxiety. Smiling lowers heart rate.
- Boosts your immune system. Smiling and laughing stimulates white blood cell production to fight infection and illness.
- Smiles spread – clinically. Seeing someone smiling activates part of your brain that controls facial movement and causes you to smile back.
- A smile makes you appear more attractive and approachable to others. You will be perceived as personable and empathetic. Without saying a word, a smile tells people that you want to talk and interact.
- A natural smile adds to your trustworthiness and credibility. It is an effective leadership technique.
- Smiling helps you feel more comfortable in new or awkward situations.
Achieving a smile-worthy mouth
At Kingsgate Dental, there is no one-size-fits-all cosmetic dental solution. Dr. Kelley takes plenty of time to understand what you like about your smile and what concerns you have. Together, you create a customized treatment plan that fits your schedule, budget, and most importantly, your smile. It may be as simple as an at-home teeth whitening kit for dazzling results with low risk of sensitivity. Or your situation may call for a comprehensive approach with tooth colored fillings, dental bonding, and lustrous porcelain crowns.
While some treatments are done solely for aesthetic improvement, in Dr. Kelly’s artistic hands, appearance is a consideration with every procedure. She uses restorative and cosmetic dentistry to help patients in the Kirkland, WA area enjoy smiling again.
Ann Kelley, DDS
Dr. Ann Kelley
is a graduate of the Creighton University School of Dentistry in Omaha, Nebraska. She highly values the comfort of her patients, and places the needs of the patient above her convenience. Her dental clinic is built to bring the best and most comfortable dental experience to all her patients. She builds relationships with her patients based on trust and always acts to safeguard this trust.
Share this Article