The Best Periodontal Disease Treatment at Kingsgate Dental
More than 50% of people in the United States, including those in Kirkland, Washington, suffer from some form of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease. Since gum disease is such a huge problem, it’s essential to get treatment before your gum disease causes permanent damage to your oral health and teeth.
When our teeth are coated with harmful plaque from food and beverages, the plaque can build up to become calculus or stubborn tartar. Once that happens, a professional has to clean your teeth.
Options for Periodontal Disease Treatment
Because of advances in modern dentistry, there are several different options for treating periodontal disease. Some of the more common are root planing and scaling, laser gum surgery, and gingivectomy.
- Root Planing and Scaling: Root planing is the traditional way to treat gum disease. Basically, root planing and scaling work to deep clean the roots of your teeth below the gum line.
- Laser Gum Surgery: Sometimes, laser gum surgery is referred to as pocket depth reduction. This procedure can treat moderate to advanced cases of gum disease.
- Gingivectomy: Gingivectomy addresses the overgrown and inflamed gum tissue that causes gum disease. With a gingivectomy, pocket depths are reduced, inhibiting bacteria and plaque growth. This process is performed with precision for reduced discomfort and bleeding.
The Benefits of Periodontal Disease Treatment
You have a better chance of saving your teeth when you save your gums. In short, the sooner you get periodontal disease treatment, the better. Below, we have listed some of the benefits of periodontal disease treatment.
- Eliminated or reduced bad breath (halitosis)
- Quicker healing time
- Control of the population of harmful bacteria
- Decreased risk of tooth loss and bone loss
- Improved overall oral health
- A bright and fresh smile
Gum Disease Dentist in Kirkland, Washington
Do you need more information about periodontal disease treatment? Dr. Ann Kelley and the team at Kingsgate Dental in Kirkland, Washington, provide the best periodontal disease treatment and are here to answer your questions about gum disease. Give us a call at (425) 385-0080 today or request an appointment online.