Denture options for patients who want to regain their smile in Kirkland, WA
Are you facing a situation in which you have lost several or even all your natural teeth? Dr. Ann Kelley and her team at Kingsgate Dental in Kirkland, WA would cherish the opportunity to fill out your smile with beautiful white, natural looking dentures that are cost efficient and look forward to assisting you through the process of creating customized dentures that will fit comfortably and provide you with renewed chewing power, among other benefits.
Traditional denture options
With dentures, there are several options available depending on your situation that include:
- Partial dentures – Produced for patients who are missing teeth but don’t need full dentures. Partial dentures are designed to fit around your remaining natural teeth
- Full dentures – Produced for patients who have experienced full tooth loss in one of both arches. A gum colored base is used, into which a complete set of prosthetic teeth are set. Full dentures are fully customized to fit comfortably into the patient’s mouth.
Traditional denture options offer many benefits but are not perfect. These do have some limitations due to them not being implanted. Dentures which are not implanted can slip out of place at times and:
- Be a source of noise when you speak or move your mouth
- Be a cause of discomfort if not properly fitted
- Provide reduced chewing power
It’s been found that traditional dentures, in some situations, can even accelerate bone loss in the jaw causing fit issues.
Implant supported dentures
Implant supported dentures address many of the problems associated with traditional dentures. With implant supported dentures, anywhere between two to four implants are inserted into the jaw and then existing dentures are retrofitted with snap on attachments which affix to the implants. Implant supported dentures fit much more comfortably, increase chewing power and are still incredibly easy to remove for cleaning and care without the need for any denture adhesive.
If you are experiencing tooth loss and would like to fill out your smile so that you can not only restore full functionality, but also the confidence that many of us lose when missing teeth, then give Dr. Ann Kelley a call at Kingsgate Dental in Kirkland, WA at (425) 385-0080 to set up an appointment. She would love to sit down with you to discuss all available options.