Enhance and maintain your smile with cosmetic dentistry and teeth whitening services in Kirkland, WA
Seven seconds is all it takes to make a first impression. A beautiful smile boosts your self-esteem, improving how you feel about yourself in social and professional situations. Cosmetic dentistry such as teeth whitening enhances your smile and helps improve your confidence level. In Kirkland, WA, Dr. Ann Kelley and the team at Kingsgate Dental Clinic offer cosmetic dentistry services to improve your smile.
Studies show an increase in cosmetic dental procedures over the past five years. Patients are searching for ways to achieve brighter, more beautiful smiles. At Kingsgate Dental Clinic, we understand the importance of a beautiful smile and how it affects a patient’s personal and professional lives. Cosmetic dentistry services include any procedures or treatments that enhance the appearance of your teeth and gums. A single service or multiple services may be performed to achieve the desired result. Improved appearance of the smile is the main benefit of cosmetic services, but a patient’s oral health is also maintained in the process. Cosmetic services require a consultation and examination first. This ensures there are no problems that may interfere with the cosmetic process, but also that your teeth, gums, and oral cavity are healthy.
Teeth whitening as a cosmetic dentistry service
Teeth whitening is one most popular cosmetic dentistry services to dramatically enhance the smile. Deciding to whiten your teeth is a step toward a healthier smile. White teeth are not automatically healthy teeth. Visiting your dentist for a professional cleaning prior to teeth whitening allows your dental team to assess your teeth for problems. For example, dental restorations may need to be treated differently than a natural tooth. Your dentist can determine the most appropriate treatment for you. Having your teeth cleaned prior to starting a whitening treatment also helps remove any built-up tartar that may make the whitening process less effective. A thorough cleaning removes surface stains to ensure the whitening agent is properly absorbed by the teeth.
Choose professional teeth whitening services
Professional teeth whitening is safe, comfortable, and effective when performed under the guidance of an experienced dentist. Commercial whitening products are often less expensive and are readily available as kits, toothpastes, strips, and rinses. The lower cost attracts patients. Unfortunately, the results often match that low-price tag. However, professional cosmetic treatments offer higher quality whitening than that found in over-the-counter treatments.
At Kingsgate Dental Clinic, we offer at-home whitening. Patients receive trays that have been custom-created using impressions of their teeth. Custom trays ensure proper fit to avoid patient sensitivity. This results in effective whitening and patient comfort throughout the process. Whitening trays may be worn at home giving patients the convenience and freedom to whiten on their own schedules. Whitening trays are worn for a short period of time each day until the desired level of whiteness is achieved.
Whitening your teeth at home comes with a number of benefits:
- Professional quality whitening
- Little to no sensitivity
- Effective whitening
Maintain your bright smile
If you have chosen cosmetic dentistry to enhance your smile, there are tips to preserve and prolong the effects of your whitening treatment.
- Minimize food and drinks that cause staining. Coffee, tea, red wine, and tomato products cause discoloration and yellowing of the teeth. Avoid these products during the first few days after your treatment and then minimize their use to decrease the likelihood of future staining.
- If you do drink dark liquids, use a straw. This minimizes the amount of liquid that washes over and touches your teeth. The less time a substance sits in your mouth, the better it is for the health and whiteness of your teeth.
- Rinse your teeth after eating or drinking to remove particles from your teeth.
- Avoid tobacco products. Tobacco is not only bad for your health, but it stains the teeth.
- Follow good oral health practices. Brushing removes stains and tartar from your teeth. Flossing removes food particles from between the teeth.
- Do maintenance whitening treatments periodically to keep your smile bright.
If you are interested in cosmetic dentistry and ways to safely enhance your smile, contact Dr. Ann Kelley and the staff at Kingsgate Dental Clinic in Kirkland, WA. Call (425) 385-0080.